Jun 16, 2023 | News

European Commission (EC) Receives an Update on Future-Ready Digital Skills and Gap Analysis during the coordination meeting.

LEADS Workshop Explores Future Talent Challenges in Advanced Digital Skills (ADS) for Organisations

LEADS, the Leading Advanced Digital Skills project, recently organised a workshop titled “Meeting the Future Talent Challenges of Advanced Digital Skills Needs in Organisations.” The workshop, held on May 4th, saw a remarkable attendance rate of almost 95%. Of the 38 confirmed attendees from various industries, 13% were academics, while the remaining 87% represented industry, industry representative bodies, and consulting.

Senior managers from various industries with responsibilities in technology, talent acquisition, innovation, and strategy attended the workshop. Notable organisations such as Intel, Amryt, Deloitte, PWC, Inzio, Salesforce, Citigroup, and Fidelity International were among the participants. Industry representative bodies, including the American Chamber of Commerce, Dublin Chamber of Commerce, and Insurance Institute of Ireland, also contributed to the discussions.

Trinity Business School, Trinity College Dublin, is part of the consortium involved in addressing these ADS challenges in the second workshop. In March 2023, the first workshop on “Best practices for aligning higher education curricula to ADS dynamic demand”, was organised by Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM). The purpose of the second workshop was to explore the talent challenges associated with advanced digital skills and contribute to the topic of leadership in digital skills.

About the workshop

LEADS is a project focused on identifying the future demands for Advanced Digital Skills (ADS) in Europe and providing recommendations to support the Digital Decade targets of over 20 million ICT specialists. The project aims to equip organisations and education providers with the necessary advanced digital skills to navigate the rapidly changing technology landscape.

The workshop aimed to achieve specific objectives, including sharing data collected by the LEADS consortium, understanding the challenges of filling the ADS talent pipeline in organisations, and discussing potential solutions to address those challenges. Participants represented diverse perspectives, including business, industry representative bodies, research institutes, and academics working closely with industry.

The workshop provided a valuable opportunity for key leaders to shape the future of ADS in a rapidly evolving landscape that is crucial for all organisations. The event showcased the diversity and range of participants present, reflecting the significance of addressing advanced digital skills challenges in the current digital era.

Click here to download the full report and results of the workshop.